Wednesday, November 24, 2010

De Persgroep releases iPad app for their Flemish and French language newspapers in Belgium

The media company owned by the Van Thillo family, De Persgroep NV, has released its first two iPad media apps for its Belgian properties. L'Echo is the French language newspaper, while De Tijd is a financial paper written in Dutch.
Photobucket
Both apps are free to down and offer the reader a text only version of news as well as a replica copy of the print edition.

"In the paper version, you navigate quickly through the entire newspaper with the banner at the bottom of the PDF page" (Google translation).

I know, I know, they simply don't get it, do they?

I was hoping that those publishers who simply want to get an iPad out there would have done so by now, leaving the field for those who actually want to explore the new medium. But no, I think we are going to see more of these "me-too" apps for a while still. (Give it time, he says to himself.)

0 Comments: