Thursday, December 9, 2010

Late afternoon headlines: Cyber warfare and Senate rules

A lot of news to follow, so much so that I haven't had time to write anything myself. I didn't even notice that a snow storm had started. When does baseball season start again?

Computerworld:
Pro-WikiLeaks cyber army gains strength; thousands join DDoS attacks
Is there really any evidence of this? I'm in no position to know, but it will be "interesting" to find out.

Boston Globe:
Senate blocks vote on bill with 'don't ask, don't tell' repeal
Funny, it looks like all but one of the "no" votes came from the Republicans, yet the headline reads that the "Senate" blocked the vote. In reality, 57 Senators voted "yes", 40 voted "no". In the strange world of American democracy the 40 "no" votes won.

Seattle Times:
Costco reports strong quarter; will phase out selling Apple products
So, Costco is saying "no" to Apple while . . .

BGR.com:
Best Buy Mobile offering iPhone 3GS for free on December 10th
Best Buy seems to have finally gotten the hang of this whole Apple-thing. I know that the mini Apple store at my local Best Buy is finally manned by people who actually like Macs and iPads and such -- and even know a "little" bit about them, as well -- though I still hear silly things like "you can't plug in regular computer speakers into a Mac, you need special speakers."

0 Comments: