Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Update: Boston Herald iPhone app alive and well

Yesterday I wrote about the lack of apps being produced by newspaper companies in support of their special sections, and in particular, their annual baseball sections. I noted that marketing agreements often hinder the effort to produce "official" baseball team apps -- MLB has this area tied up.
Photobucket
In the post I showed a screenshot of the Boston Herald iPhone app, with its missing sports feeds. I heard back from Tom Rose, senior editor at Herald Interactive, who gave me some interesting news which I will write about later.

But it also led me to take another look at the app to see if the Sports feeds were working -- and indeed they are. I don't know at this point if this was an app glitch on my end, or an indication of a problem on the newspaper's end.

So in the interest of fairness, here is a new screenshot from the DoApp developed iPhone app from the Boston Herald.

0 Comments: