Monday, July 11, 2011

Late afternoon updates: News International phone hacking story continues to dwarf all other media news; Hoodgrown gets an update, as does ABC News, MLB.TV

For most of the day I have been without electricity in my office forcing me, along with hundreds of others in the Chicago area, being great customers of Starbucks today. Though I could have posted more news here at TNM the simple fact is that nothing I would have posted would have been nearly as important as the story that continues to come from the UK.
Photobucket
The Guardian, and to a lesser degree, other newspapers like The Telegraph, continue to update the phone hacking story. Nothing else in the world of media really can compare with this one story.

But if you want to know just how dead Editor & Publisher really is, check them out today. Their headline is a link to an AP story: Rupert Murdoch Takes Charge of Newspaper Scandal. If E&P didn't die a year and half ago, it is surely dead, dead, dead now.

So what else is going on? We;;, I'm sure TNM reader Chris Cartel wouldn't mind me mentioning that he has updated the app for his tablet magazine Hoodgrown. The app now sports in-app purchase activation.

ABC News also updated their app, which is really a good thing since users have complained about the app's performance.

MLB.TV has also issued an update to its iPad app in time for the All Star game. It also claims to fix some performance issue. I certainly hope so because, frankly, I rather tired of having it conk out with two outs and the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth.

1 Comment:

Tablazines said...

"So what else is going on? We;;, I'm sure TNM reader Chris Cartel wouldn't mind me mentioning that he has updated the app for his tablet magazine Hoodgrown."

Not at all..... lol