Users have been complaining about the official Twitter apps since the demise of Tweetie and the new app updates issued yesterday don't seem to quite end the complaints.
Here are the listed change to the iPhone app:
- Swipe shortcut
- Copy and paste for tweets and profiles
- Press and hold actions on links in tweet details
- Font size settings
- Direct Message improvements
- Confirmation alert for Find Friends
- Improved startup time and general performance improvement
- Improved image quality in tweet detail
- Accessibility improvements
- Profile shows whether a user follows you
- Verified badges in people search results
- New language: Turkish
- Lots of other polish and bug fixes
Twitter is said to be also issuing a version for the NOOK this week, and an Android version is also available for Kindle Fire owners, as well. The apps, of course, remain free of charge to download and use.
Update: Opps, forgot to add that I have not updated my own Twitter apps because of the complaints of users, so I am using a screenshot from the app description. NOT updating an app can prove hard since I update my apps through iTunes on my desktop rather than directly through my iOS device. Both the Twitter and Facebook apps remain not updated to this day.