Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Apple releases iOS 6.0.2 for the iPhone 5 and iPad mini, designed to fix bug related to WiFi

While sitting at my desk listening to the remaster version of Larks Tongues In Aspic, Part One and watching the subwoofer plugged into my computer explode apart (you might at which part of the piece), my phone told me it was ready to update its software.

Apple, you see, has released an iOS update for owners of the iPhone 5 and iPad mini, designed to fix a bug related to WiFi. I admit that I noticed the bug on my iPhone, but thought it related to iOS 6, in general. WiFi does peter out occasionally, especially when streaming music via AirPlay.

The same drop has not been occurring to the iPhone 4 I use as an iPod, so my assumption was something was amiss with iOS 6 (which seems to be causing all sorts of problems for developers, forcing a ton of updated apps to be released).

Well, apparently the problem is limited to the newest iPhones and the newest iPad – this update should take care of the issue.

In the meantime, I'll continue picking up the pieces of my subwoofer – I guess I should known the volume was up way too high for Mr. Fripp and company's old masterpiece.

Update: Apple has also released a new iOS 6.1 beta (number 4, if you are counting).

"iOS 6.1 beta 4 and Xcode 4.6 Developer Preview 4 are now available on the iOS Dev Center. We recommend that you test existing apps running iOS 6 to ensure there are no compatibility issues," an email to program developers stated.

0 Comments: