Friday, January 18, 2013

American Airlines universal app gets updated look, Passbook use for AAdvantage card

If you are a frequent traveler you are probably discovering just how useful the airline mobile apps are becoming. Today American Airlines updated its universal iOS app, unveiling a new look and logo, as well as some more features.

The American Airlines app already will let you book flights, monitor your stand-by status and set a reminder so you don't lose your car in the long term parking lot. Oh, it also let's you play Sudoku, though I've never really understood the attraction of that.

Now the app has added Passbook support for the AAdvantage card, and of course, unveiled that new logo (what do you think? I'm not so sure). It also fixed some bugs, says the app description.

I don't travel as much as I used to when I was publishing B2B magazines. But I have this app, as well as many of the other airline apps on my iPhone. You may not use them all the time, but I have a feeling they will come in handy now and then (those airport terminal maps, for instance).

0 Comments: