Friday, June 7, 2013

Announcement: June hiatus to begin Monday, other developments here at Talking New Media

As mentioned in a post in late April, Talking New Media will be making a few changes soon. But the first thing that will happen is that starting Monday the site will be taking its June hiatus. This makes it sound like this is an annual event, and I certainly would like it to be but last year was the first time in over 20 years that I was able to take an actual vacation (went to Greece).

This year's hiatus, though, will include taking some time off to move this site off the Blogger platform. So for the next two weeks, and possibly all the way to July 1, TNM will be in a sort of soft shutdown. I may post a story here now and again, so please do check in occasionally (though the best way to get a notice of new posts is by following me via Twitter). But for the most part I want to pay full attention to other activities that involve my own digital publishing projects – obviously more on that soon.

It's been a fun, crazy, and exhausting 3+ years here at TNM and I appreciate you, the readers. I look forward to continuing to post about digital media news, new tablet magazines and newspapers, eBook publishing and the like. But most of all, I look forward to continuing to have conversations with digital publishers, designers, editors and vendors.

0 Comments: