Apple this morning released an update for iTunes which fixes a bug introduced with 11.0.3 which made users constantly sign into their accounts. It was annoying, really annoying. As someone who downloads at least a dozen apps a day in order to look at new newspaper, magazine and eBook apps, I found the bug, well, annoying. (I said it was annoying, right?)
Amazon issued an update for its Kindle reading app for iOS, officially known as Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks. Here is what is new in version 3.8:
Finally, Aquafadas has issued an update for its viewer app, myKiosk for iOS. These viewer app updates usually accompany a new version of the digital publishing platform, but I have a feeling this one is just for bug fixes.
- Line Spacing - loose, normal, and tight line spacing options change the page layout to suit your reading preference
- Multipage Highlights – highlight long passages that span multiple pages for added convenience
- Print Replica Textbooks notebook improvements – filter by type: notes, bookmarks, and highlights by color; Sync starred notes between devices
- Accessibility Improvements – select a higher maximum font size, bug fixes
- Bug Fixes/Stability Improvements
The app description mentions smart zoom and progressive download, two very nice features to have for magazine publishers, but the rest of the description talks about bug fixes.